Volunteer at Vishwa Jyoti's Partnered Events
You can help connect a child with a loving sponsor and raise awareness of public about children in poverty at the events held in different parts of the country. It could be a large-scale outdoor festival or a concert at a local coffee shop
Volunteers have the opportunity to encourage participants to sponsor a child of their own or donate to a specific need. Being an event volunteer doesn’t require much training, and it enables you to help others discover how they can change lives!
Subscribe to Event Volunteer Opportunities
Are you interested in working at future Vishwa Jyoti-partnered events in your area?
Share your contact details below, and we’ll send you more info on event volunteer opportunities. (Note: We’re only able to process current Vishwa Jyoti supporters at this time. If you are a current supporter please fill out the information below.)
Volunteer at Vishwa Jyoti's Headquarters
When you volunteer at Vishwa Jyoti headquarters, you make a real and lasting impact by helping us serve children in poor communities more effectively! There’s so much you can do, using your specific skills, interests and abilities.
For up to twenty hours per week or as few as six hours per month, you can volunteer in India to make a difference in children’s lives wherever Vishwa Jyoti serves.
Volunteer Opportunities to serve include:
- Process Sponsor & Child Letters - Vishwa Jyoti-assisted children and their sponsors exchange more than 4 million letters a year!
- Support Print Campaigns/Mailings
- Data Entry
- Call Reps for Mobilized Partner Care
- Give Building Tours
- Event Planning & Hospitality
- Prepare Event Materials
- Internet Research
- Editing & Copywriting
- Transcription or Archiving
HOW TO APPLY: Join our headquarters Team!
Volunteer in a Leadership Role
Do you feel called to invest more of yourself into changing the lives of children in poverty? Check out the opportunities on this page, and see if serving in one of these roles would fit your strengths and interests. These roles are critical to a non-profit like Vishwa Jyoti and makes it possible to better help children in poverty.
What makes a Volunteer Leadership role unique? A few things:
- • These roles may involve acommitment term of 6 months to 2 years.*
- • Leaders serve closely with a manager, who engages, equips and enriches them as they serve.
- • Leaders receive more regular information and communications.
- • Leaders serving in these roles may be outfitted with the necessary tools to fulfil duties or tasks directly related to the role.
- • Many of these roles are nationally based, and some may require travel at times. **
- • These roles may require professional level skill sets (training is provided for all roles).
- • Depending on term commitments and the functional complexities of each role - Volunteer Leadership may be asked to participate in national, regional, or local training events. Generally, roles with term commitments of 1 year or longer are required to participate. ***
Releasing children from poverty is a team effort. It takes thousands of faithful people, responding to many specific callings, to be the hands and feet of God. Come play a deeper role in impacting children in poverty around the world.