Women equality with men” is a universal issue. Women Empowerment refers to the creation of an environment for women where they can make decisions of their own for their personal benefits as well as for the society.
Women Empowerment refers to increasing and improving the social, economic, political and legal strength of the women, to ensure equal-right to women, and to make them confident enough to claim their rights, such as
- Freely live their life with a sense of self-worth, respect and dignity
- Have complete control of their life, both within and outside of their home and workplace, to make their own choices and decisions
- Have equal rights to participate in social, religious and public activities
- Have equal social status in the society
- Have equal rights for social and economic justice
- Determine financial and economic choices
- Get equal opportunity for education
- Get equal employment opportunity without any gender bias
- Get safe and comfortable working environment
Women have the rights to get their voices heard. Women Empowerment also leads to more economic benefits not to the individuals but to the society as well. Unlike earlier days when they stayed at home only and do only kitchen stuffs, nowadays, they roam outside and also earns money like the male members of the society. Women empowerment helps women to stand on their own legs, become independent and also to earn for their family which grows country’s economy.
In order to really bring women empowerment in the Indian society, we need to understand and eliminate the main cause of the ill practices against women which are patriarchal and male dominated system of the society. It needs to be open-minded and change the old mind set against women together with the constitutional and other legal provisions. We are constantly marching ahead in providing the women the need to live a better future and make them financially independent so that they can lead a better respected life for themselves.